It’s Thursday, kiddies: the day when I roll out a few things I’ve been reading over the past week. Three of ‘em, to be exact. Enjoy. (Remember: click on the big bold print to read the entire article.)
(via @_michaelkelley) Michael gives believers a good reminder of a good Father who is committed to our good growth.
There is a conflict inside every Christian. When we are born again into Christ, we are made new – new heart, new tastes, new identity, new affections. And yet the old that once was will not go quietly. There is, then, this internal battle between the flesh and the Spirit of God inside of us that’s fought on a myriad of battlefields, both big and small, both visible and invisible. And you know what it feels like.
(via @sol_orwell) This list has a lot of tips. A lot of tips. But they are some rich tips, indeed. Pick a section and flex your speaking muscles.
- PRACTICE telling stories to your friends and other people you meet
- The intro sets you up. It’s social proof via a third party. Customize your intro per event
- Be a professional. Bring presentation on a USB. Have it uploaded in the cloud. Bring a laptop. Bring a clicker.
- Know the situation at the event
- Background (don’t ever wear patterns or have your shirt be the same color).
- Setup – check the size of the room, where you will be, where your presentation will project, if there is a podium.
- Aids – will you have a clicker? Will you be mic’d up or will you hold a mic?
(via @laughingsquid) Who doesn’t love Bill Murray? Or for that matter…Paul Shaffer? Well, you’re in luck, my friends, because today you get a twofer video featuring both. Plus cameos of Murray’s best films. So…win win win win win win win…
photo credit: Jason Mathis