Readers are leaders. And if you’re leading, you oughta be reading. But let’s be honest: there are a lot of great books out there, and not enough time to get through them. The following are books that I have on my bookshelf (and you should, too). But if you just have time for a few sound bites, I gotcha covered.
“Top Ten Quotes” books (so far):
- The Heart of Hospitality: Great Hotel and Restaurant Leaders Share Their Secrets (Micah Solomon)
- Next Door As It Is In Heaven: Living Out God’s Kingdom in Your Neighborhood (Lance Ford and Brad Brisco)
- Creativity, Inc.: Overcoming the Unseen Forces That Stand in the Way of True Inspiration (Ed Catmull)
- The Curious Christian: How Discovering Wonder Enriches Every Part of Life (Barnabas Piper)
- Less Chaos. Less Noise. Effective Communications for an Effective Church (Kem Meyer)
- Prayer: Experiencing Awe and Intimacy with God (Tim Keller)
- The Simplest Way to Change the World: Biblical Hospitality as a Way of Life (Dustin Willis and Brandon Clements)
- The Service Culture Handbook: A Step-by-Step-Guide to Getting Your Employees Obsessed with Customer Service (Jeff Toister)
- How to Lead When You’re Not in Charge: Leveraging Influence When You Lack Authority (Clay Scroggins)
- The Power of Moments: Why Certain Experiences Have Extraordinary Impact (Chip Heath and Dan Heath)
- Designed to Lead: The Church and Leadership Development (Eric Geiger and Kevin Peck)
Disclaimer: FTC watchdogs will probably want you to know that the authors represented did not ask for this endorsement, nor did they provide me with free swag in order to do so (unless specifically mentioned otherwise on the particular page). I’m just a really satisfied customer who wants to let you know where you can get some great products. So there. Further, if you order a resource from a link on any “Top Ten Quotes” page, I may receive a small affiliate commission from Amazon. If that bugs you, feel free to bypass my link and buy from a vendor of your choice. But still: buy it. I only promote books that have benefitted me and that I believe will benefit you.