It’s Thursday, kiddies: the day when I roll out a few things I’ve been reading over the past week. Three of ‘em, to be exact. Enjoy. (Remember: click on the bold print to read the entire article.)
At Le Bernardin, one of New York’s premier four-star restaurants, co-founder Maguy Le Coze and maître d’ Ben Chekroun give new service staff a list, too – 129 details, aka “Monumentally Magnificent Trivialities” to keep in mind at all times.
Here are a few samples:
• Acknowledging guests with eye contact and smile within 30 seconds; First Impressions count!
• Not thanking guests as they leave; Last Impression!
• Not opening the front door for guests
20 Tips From a Church That is Exploding With Growth. (via @Ministry_Today) Church at the Highlands in Birmingham has a phenomenal kids ministry. Here are a few observations…
1. Keep it simple, laser focused and strategic. Highland Kids (and church) is very strategic in what they do. They say no to a lot of good things, so they can say yes to a few great things. They go into each ministry year with a set number of events, conferences, etc.
2. Provide clear growth steps for people. They have four growth steps. Each of these steps has a class attached to it. You can see them in the picture below.