You just landed on an every-once-in-a-while series called Primer Posts, a curated collection of my favorite articles and books on one particular topic. These are the resources I usually point to when people ask about getting started on or getting better at the topic in question.
Each collection is designed to be an ever-evolving list as new material is written and new gaps are filled in. If you have an idea for a category for an upcoming Primer Post, let me know here.
- Own It and On It
- Somebody’s Gotta Own It (Guesswork series, part 4)
- Build the Team (Guesswork series, part 5)
- Three Keys to Building Your Volunteer Team
- Creating an Asking Culture
- Structuring Your First Impressions Team
- Should You Give Your Volunteers a Job Description?
- Specialist or Generalist?
- Q&A: Should I Mandate Serving Limits for My Volunteers?
Top five books to buy today:
- Connect (Nelson Searcy)
- Developing Your Leadership Pipeline (Todd Adkins)
- Multipliers (Liz Wiseman)
- Simply Strategic Volunteers (Tim Stevens and Tony Morgan)
- Start With Why (Simon Sinek)
- Click here for a full list of recommended titles.