Primer Posts: Guest Services from the Stage
You just landed on an every-once-in-a-while series called Primer Posts, a curated collection of my favorite articles and books on one particular topic. These are the resources I usually point to when people ask about getting started on or getting better at the topic in question.
Each collection is designed to be an ever-evolving list as new material is written and new gaps are filled in. If you have an idea for a category for an upcoming Primer Post, let me know here.
- Six Times to Talk to Your Guests
- When You Shouldn’t Talk to Your Guests
- 7 Reasons Not to “Turn and Greet” Your Neighbor
- 4 Alternatives to the “Turn and Greet” Time
- Wedding Crashers and Weekend Services
- Explain Yourself
- Lousy Announcements Lead to Lousy Events
- Q&A: How Do You Handle the Altar Call?
- A Plea to Pastors on Easter Weekend
Top three books to buy today:
- Creativity, Inc.: Overcoming the Unseen Forces that Stand in the way of True Inspiration (Ed Catmull)
- Made to Stick: Why Some Ideas Survive and Others Die (Chip and Dan Heath)
- Simply Strategic Growth: Attracting a Crowd to Your Church (Tim Stevens and Tony Morgan)
- Click here for a full list of recommended titles.