Alright, Raleigh-Durham friends, I’ve got a fun opportunity to tell you about. This Friday night I’m attending Play for Hope Silent Auction. Play for Hope is a charity that uses sports like soccer and basketball as a platform to reach children in Rwanda with the gospel. The kids in the program are street children, mostly orphaned by genocide and HIV/AIDS. Play for Hope uses sports to put coaches in their lives as positive role models, gives them safe places to play and build relationships, and shows them gospel-centered love.
And no, they didn’t ask me to be a part of this evening because of my legendary sports skills. I will not be doing soccer demos or letting you go one-on-one with me in a three pointer contest. But I have been asked to emcee the event. And if I can find a tuxedo, I might just cummerbund this sucka.
Here are the deets:
- It’s Friday, December 3rd, from 7:00-10:00 PM (come when you can, stay as long as you like)
- It’s in Suite 111 at the Summit’s Brier Creek Campus.
- There will be music, dessert, coffee, and items that you can bid on or win.
Did I say “items”? I meant to say, “products and experiences of a value beyond what you could ever afford but you should still come and bid on them anyway because they’re so ridiculously freakishly cool.” This is a partial list of what we’re auctioning off, and no, I’m not making any of this stuff up (except what’s in the parenthesis). It’s all the real deal…
- North Carolina and Rwandan art.
- Photo shoot packages (for an extra $10, I’ll pose with your family in my tux)
- Durham Performing Arts Center VIP ticket packages, including VIP parking and access to the Presidential Lounge.
- Personal training packages (I’ll pay you $10 if you don’t make me lift weights with you and the muscular people).
- A guitar signed by the Rolling Stones (those guys look dead already, so this should be worth something).
- An autographed Harry Potter cast photo (I should probably watch one of the movies so I can make witty comments).
- A framed Thriller album signed by Michael Jackson (somebody was personal friends with Bubbles the Chimp).
Come hang out. I’d love to see you there!
Want more info? Check out Play For Hope’s website.