Rejected Sermon Titles
Sunday I had the opportunity to preach in front of my fave peeps – the folks at Summit’s Brier Creek campus. It was a tough message out of Hosea, which absolutely wrecked me last week.
But even in the midst of being wrecked, a sermon needs a good title, right? Ask the folks around our office, I annoyed and pestered them on Friday trying to come up with something better than what I finally chose…”Scandalous.” (Francine Rivers already took the best title. Wonder if I can sue her?)
So here they are, the top five rejected sermon titles for your enjoyment, and if you want to catch up, you can download “Scandalous” here.
- Ho Ho Hosea – The Christmas Prophet
- Gomer’s Pyle of Illegitimate Kids
- This Sermon Is Full of Words You Don’t Want Your Children To Hear
- Bummer. Next Time, Try E-Harmony.
- With a Name Like That, You’d Sin Too