Here in Ye Olde Triangle area, we’re hosting the gospel gangsta known as Tim Keller. He’s coming in this week for Advance ’11, and local theologians are so giddy they almost dropped their ESV Study Bibles.
So here’s what’s up: I have two tickets in my possession that I’m giving away. That’s right, peoples: a blog giveaway. (It’s about time you got something worthwhile out of this thing.)
Keep in mind, the tickets are for An Evening With Tim Keller (sponsored by Durham Cares), not the entire Advance conference. (What, you think I’m made of free tickets?)
Here are the rules for the contest:
- This is not an academic competition: I don’t want to know how many of Keller’s books you’ve read. It’s not a theological competition: I don’t want you to tell me how you need to have a better gospel worldview. And it’s not a suck-up competition: I don’t want you to tell me that when my other six hairs fall out I’ll look as distinguished as Keller.
- Nope, this contest is all about the funny: I want you to make me laugh.
- Using your Twitter account, give me your funniest reason why you should get the tickets. Somewhere in your tweet, mention my Twitter handle (@LetMeBeFranks) so I’ll be sure and see it.
- Don’t have Twitter? That’ll knock off some points, but you can put your 140 characters below. Bottom line: Twitter users get priority, so sign up.
- Limits? There are no limits here. Give it a whirl as many times as you want…the more the merrier.
- The comments will be judged by an independent panel consisting of Summit staffers @jasongaston, @jeremypollard, and special out of town judge @mkpearson.
- The fine print: contest starts now (10:00 AM) and runs through 10:00 PM tonight; the winner will be announced by 9 AM tomorrow in the comments section below; you’ll need to come to the Summit offices to pick up the tickets. (What do I look like? FedEx?)
- Immediate family members of Danny Franks, any relatives living or deceased, and especially 3rd grade teachers are ineligible to win (I’m talking to you, Mrs. Rogers).