Thursday Three For All
It’s Thursday, kiddies: the day when I roll out a few things I’ve been reading over the past week. Three of ‘em, to be exact. Enjoy.
This Personality Trait Will Make You Indispensable to Your Employer. Do You Have It? (via @Inc) The small stuff is huge.
Detail-oriented employees are ones who typically:
- Have the highest standards, and won’t rest until a job is done properly
- Are organized and know exactly what needs to happen to complete a task correctly
- Aren’t willing to risk safety or liability for the sake of getting something done fast
- Can be relied upon to consistently meet deadlines
- Are able to “read between the lines” and to interpret nonverbal cues
It is natural for leaders to desire perfection. But resources are almost always smaller than dreams. Effective leaders lean into the words of Luke 16:10: “Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much.” While God may have placed big dreams in your heart, He may have also placed very few resources in your hands. Rather than making excuses based on what you lack, begin making progress with whatever you’ve been given to leverage. Here are 3 steps that can help you do this:
A Dog Dressed Up As A Giant Mutant Spider Terrorizes People, Causing Them To Run For Their Lives (via @LaughingSquid). This is way funnier than it ought to be.