2022 Connections Confab: Apply Today!
It’s time to get the band back together.
Back in 2015 we launched a coaching network called Connections Confab. Today we count over 60 leaders from churches in 21 states as part of our Confab alumni group. Confab is a multi-month, intensive coaching gathering focused on improving your guest services culture, volunteer culture, and developing you as a leader.
After a really weird 2020-2021, Confab is coming back in February 2022, and the application process goes public today.
Here are the quick hits:
- Confab is a three-session, on-site networking group that will take place in spring and early summer 2022. We go deep (really deep) on topics that are important (really important) to your ministry. You get an all-access backstage pass to in the ins and outs of what we’ve learned (and what we avoid) at the Summit.
- Confab gatherings are two days each: February 16-17, April 3-4, and June 1-2, 2022. All other details for next spring can be found in this handy Confab overview.
- APPLY today to be a part of Confab. Because we intentionally keep it small – think 15 or fewer – our application monkeys will go over your info with a fine-toothed comb and let you know the results by mid-December (so exciting!).
- All applications are due by December 15, 2021.
- If your application is approved, I’ll send you a link to officially register and pay. The Confab’s cost is $1,200 for three on-site meetings. (Similar coaching networks can cost upwards of four times as much, so you get a ton of proverbial bang for your buck.)
Confab is part coaching group, part collegial network, part learning lab, and part round-table consultation. Leaders from across the country have joined us in the past to discuss the highs and lows of local church ministry. No topic in the realm of guest service, volunteer strategies, covenant membership, or leadership development has fallen by the wayside.
Here’s what some of them have had to say:
Confab was the connections and guest services leadership experience that I wanted and needed! It has been incredible learning from this team and connecting with leaders across the nation. – Christy Burke, Director of Connections and Guest Services, Bridgeway Church, Oklahoma City, OK (Confab ’20-’21)
I thoroughly enjoyed the unique experience I had with Confab. To my surprise, the conversations included much more than understanding how to improve our connections ministry at our church. I was challenged with motives, recruitment, better systems and best practices. – Paul Sheaffer, Lead Pastor, West Colonial Hills Baptist Church, Kingsport, TN (Confab ’20-’21)
I have grown more in my understanding of my job from my Confab experience than from any other resource I’ve found. – Sarah McCarthy, Connections Director, Aletheia Church, Cambridge, MA (Confab ’18)
Confab was an incredible and worthwhile investment into me personally as a ministry staff member. Not only that, but the things covered will help our local church move forward with excellent connections efforts. – Eric Clark, Adult Spiritual Formation Minister, Stonegate Fellowship, Midland, TX (Confab ’15)
So now what?
If you’re ready to toss your hat into the ring, apply here. All applications are due by December 15, 2021.
Want to do Confab but can’t commit this year?
Get your name on the list for early access to training dates!
(photo credit: Lindsey Love)