First-Time Guest follow up
You just landed on an every-once-in-a-while series called Primer Posts, a curated collection of my favorite articles and books on one particular topic. These are the resources I usually point to when people ask about getting started on or getting better at the topic in question.
Each collection is designed to be an ever-evolving list as new material is written and new gaps are filled in. If you have an idea for a category for an upcoming Primer Post, let me know here.
Blog posts: the why
- Why First-Time Guest Follow Up Matters (and Isn’t as Annoying as You Might Think)
- The First Visit Should Set Up The Second Visit
- How Much is a Phone Call Worth?
Blog posts: the how
- Q&A: How Do We Get Guests’ Contact Information?
- The One Question That Will Change Your Guest Follow Up
- Make the Connection. Keep the Connection.
- The Art (and Science) of the First-Time Guest Follow-Up Phone Call
- How to Structure Your Guest Follow Up Process
- First Time Guest Surveys: A Primer
- To Call or Not to Call?
- Who Should Follow Up With First-Time Guests?
- How To Follow Up With Out-Of-Town Guests
Top three books to buy today:
- Beyond the First Visit: The Complete Guide to Connecting Guests to Your Church (Gary McIntosh)
- Fusion: Turning First-Time Guests into Fully Engaged Members of Your Church (Nelson Searcy and Jennifer Henson)
- The Power of Connection in the Church: A Church Leader’s Guide for Connecting Guests and Closing the Back Door (Steve Chesnut)
- Click here for a full list of recommended titles.
See all Primer Posts categories.