Volunteer culture (turning volunteers into leaders)
You just landed on an every-once-in-a-while series called Primer Posts, a curated collection of my favorite articles and books on one particular topic. These are the resources I usually point to when people ask about getting started on or getting better at the topic in question.
Each collection is designed to be an ever-evolving list as new material is written and new gaps are filled in. If you have an idea for a category for an upcoming Primer Post, let me know here.
- When Do You Do and When Do You Delegate?
- Developing Leaders or Growing Disciples?
- Leaders Reproduce Leaders
- Mommy, Where Do Leaders Come From?
- Raising Up Leaders for Your Guest Services Team
- How to Fire Yourself (part 1)
- High-Capacity Volunteer Cohort: A How-To Guide
Top five books to buy today:
- Designed to Lead: The Church and Leadership Development (Eric Geiger and Kevin Peck)
- Developing Female Leaders: Navigate the Minefields and Release the Potential of Women in Your Church (Kadi Cole)
- Developing Your Leadership Pipeline (Todd Adkins)
- Leveling the Church: Multiplying Your Ministry by Giving it Away (Micah Fries and Jeremy Maxfield)
- Multipliers: How the Best Leaders Make Everyone Smarter (Liz Wiseman)
- Click here for a full list of recommended titles.