2022 Training Dates: Pick Your Spot!
It’s time for another trip around the sun, which means our team has been hard at work outlining our 2022 Training Calendar. One of our staff values is that we want to “show our work,” meaning if there are potholes, pitfalls, and dead ends we’ve hit through the years, we want to help you avoid all of those things.
(And who knows, we might even share a decent idea or two along the way.)
The Summit’s Guest Services Team – the group that I lead – offers three tiers of training each year. 2022 is shaping up to be another full one, and since some of you have been asking, here’s the skinny:
Guest Services Weekenders
- What they are: a morning or evening event on site at The Summit Church, giving you a behind-the-scenes look at our Guest Services Team training, a glimpse of our team in action, and plenty of time to debrief and ask questions. The best part? Weekenders are totally free.
- Who they’re for: Weekenders are perfect for church staff and volunteers who are responsible for guest services or first impressions. Weekenders are limited to 25 people per event.
- 2022 dates: January 23, April 21, July 28, October 23
- Sign up begins: right now!
- More information: dfranks.com/weekender
- What they are: we take one full day and dive deep into one single topic. We talk about the philosophy, theology, and practicality behind Guest Services; how to recruit, train, celebrate, and develop your people in Volunteer Culture, and how to move your guests from connected to committed in After the First Visit. (And spoiler alert: we plan to add one more topic this year.)
- Who they’re for: Workshops are designed for teams, so we encourage you to load up the van with staff or volunteers. Our Workshops target 40-80 people per event.
- 2022 dates: July 21, August 25, September 22, October 27 (specific topics will be matched with dates later)
- Sign up begins: mid-May 2022.
- More information: dfranks.com/workshop
- What it is: the Confab is a coaching network that includes three on-site visits to the Summit over the course of five months. We intentionally keep the numbers small so we can keep the conversation deep. We drill down on your issues with guest services, volunteer culture, assimilation, leadership development, multi-site, and more.
- Who it’s for: Confab is best for church staff members who are primarily responsible for guest services or volunteers, but our alumni include lead pastors, communications directors, worship directors, and even a couple of interns. Each Confab group is capped at 15 people.
- 2022 dates: February 16-17, April 3-4, June 1-2
- Apply: applications closed in December, but if you’re reading this this week, I have one spot that just opened. Want to know more? Email me today.
- More information: see this post
Do random dates drive you a wee bit insane? Me too. Here they all are in chronological order:
- Jan 23: Guest Services Weekender
- Feb 16-17: Connections Confab session 1
- Apr 3-4: Connections Confab session 2
- Apr 21: Guest Services Weekender
- Jun 1-2: Connections Confab session 3
- Jul 21: One-Day Workshop #1 (topic TBD)
- Jul 28: Guest Services Weekender
- Aug 25: One-Day Workshop #2 (topic TBD)
- Sep 22: One-Day Workshop #3 (topic TBD)
- Oct 23: Guest Services Weekender
- Oct 27: One-Day Workshop #4 (topic TBD)
Of course, there’s a little fine print here: all dates above are subject to change.
If you want to get notifications whenever sign up links go live, fill out the super quick form below.