Creating a Hospitable Culture
You just landed on an every-once-in-a-while series called Primer Posts, a curated collection of my favorite articles and books on one particular topic. These are the resources I usually point to when people ask about getting started on or getting better at the topic in question.
Each collection is designed to be an ever-evolving list as new material is written and new gaps are filled in. If you have an idea for a category for an upcoming Primer Post, let me know here.
- Creating a “Whole-Church” Hospitable Culture
- When Culture is Broken
- Killing Culture (Guesswork series, part 1)
- Killing the Culture of Entitlement
- Has Your Guest Services Culture Turned Toxic?
- Building an Organic Culture (Guesswork series, part 2)
- The Fastest Way to Change Your Guest Services Culture
- 10 Ways to Raise the “Guest Awareness Culture” at Your Church
- 10 Low or No-Cost Ways to Up Your Guest Services Game
- How to Bang the Drum Without Being a Jerk
- Preparation > Anticipation > Transformation
- Why We Don’t Use the “V-Word”
- Corporate Chronology: Moving Your Church Past “Us” vs. “Them”
- No More Ghost Towns
- Get in the Zone
- 7 Reasons Not to “Turn and Greet Your Neighbor”
- The One Question That Will Help Your Church Get Going
Top five books to buy today:
- Becoming A Welcoming Church (Thom Rainer)
- Broken Windows, Broken Business (Michael Levine)
- Center Church (Tim Keller) (especially chapter 23)
- Deep and Wide (Andy Stanley)
- Secrets of a Secret Shopper (Greg Atkinson)
- Click here for a full list of recommended titles.