Volunteer Culture: Scheduling
You just landed on an every-once-in-a-while series called Primer Posts, a curated collection of my favorite articles and books on one particular topic. These are the resources I usually point to when people ask about getting started on or getting better at the topic in question.
Each collection is designed to be an ever-evolving list as new material is written and new gaps are filled in. If you have an idea for a category for an upcoming Primer Post, let me know here.
Blog posts on “the why“
- Q&A: Do You Schedule Your Volunteers?
- Why We Say “Attend One, Serve One”
- No More Ghost Towns
- You Need a Skeleton Crew
- Why You Need a VHQ
- Hospitality Can’t Take a Vacation
Blog posts on “the how“
- Guesswork, part five: Build the Team
- Q&A: How Do You Stagger Volunteers Across Multiple Services?
- Q&A: How Much Time Do You Need In Between Services?
- Q&A: How Do We Handle Multiple Services in the Same Location?
- Q&A: How Does a Night Service Affect First Impressions?