You just landed on an every-once-in-a-while series called Primer Posts, a curated collection of my favorite articles and books on one particular topic. These are the resources I usually point to when people ask about getting started on or getting better at the topic in question.
Each collection is designed to be an ever-evolving list as new material is written and new gaps are filled in. If you have an idea for a category for an upcoming Primer Post, let me know here.
- Six Reasons You Need a First Time Guest Tent
- Danny Recommends: First Time Guest Tents
- First Time Guest Bags: An Intro
- Less is More
- First Time Guest Surveys: A Primer
- How to Spot a First Time Guest
- Q&A: How Do I Start a Conversation with a First Time Guest?
- Q&A: What Should I Say to Our First Time Guests?
- Six Times to Talk to Your Guests
- When You Shouldn’t Talk to Your Guests
- Monday Matters
- Q&A: How Many On-Ramps Should We Provide?
Top four books to buy today:
- How to Wow Your Church Guests (Mark Waltz)
- Jim and Casper Go to Church (Jim Henderson and Matt Casper)
- The Starbucks Experience (Joseph Michelli)
- Unwelcome (Jonathan Malm)
- Click here for a full list of recommended titles.