Guest Services Philosophy
Today marks the beginning of an every-once-in-a-while series called Primer Posts, a curated collection of my favorite articles and books on one particular topic. These are the resources I usually point to when people ask about getting started on or getting better at the topic in question.
Each collection is designed to be an ever-evolving list as new material is written and new gaps are filled in. If you have an idea for a category for an upcoming Primer Post, let me know here.
The Five Plumb Lines series:
- The Gospel is Offensive. Nothing Else Should Be.
- The Why is More Important than the What.
- Everything Speaks.
- Make it Personal.
- The First Visit Should Set Up the Second Visit.
- “Here” Must Connect to “There”
- Hospitality is Just a Catalyst
- Friendly, But Not Intentional
- Absorb the Awkwardness
- Beauty or Utility?
- KISS Your Guests
- For Them
- There Ain’t Nothing New About Attractional Ministry
Top five books to buy today:
- Be Our Guest (Theodore Kinni / Disney Institute)
- The Come Back Effect (Jason Young and Jonathan Malm)
- First Impressions (Mark Waltz)
- People Are the Mission (some random guy :))
- The Power of Moments (Chip and Dan Heath)
- Click here for a full list of recommended titles.