Volunteer Culture: Asking
You just landed on an every-once-in-a-while series called Primer Posts, a curated collection of my favorite articles and books on one particular topic. These are the resources I usually point to when people ask about getting started on or getting better at the topic in question.
Each collection is designed to be an ever-evolving list as new material is written and new gaps are filled in. If you have an idea for a category for an upcoming Primer Post, let me know here.
- 10 Mistakes You’re Making When Recruiting Volunteers
- The Two Words That Will Kill Your Volunteer Ministry
- The Problem with a Well-Oiled Machine
- Who’s in Front of You?
- “Had It Not Been For _____, I Never Would Have _____.”
- Creating an Asking Culture
- You Never Know Until You Ask
- Three Keys to Building Your Volunteer Team
- Can You Have Too Many Volunteers?
- 15 Easy Ways to Highlight Volunteer Opportunities
- 20 Ways to Get More Volunteers
Top three books to buy today:
- Connect: How to Double Your Number of Volunteers (Nelson Searcy)
- Simply Strategic Volunteers: Empowering People for Ministry (Tim Stevens and Tony Morgan)
- Stop Recruiting, Start Retaining (Darren Kizer, Christine Kreisher, Steph Whitacre)
- Click here for a full list of recommended titles.